Assistant – trainee
On 17th of May 2018 Masterpiece Europe, a newly founded European Association of Traditional Tailoring Professionals, is looking for an assistant-trainee.
The Association is at the stage of setting up and development, so this position is best suited for a diverse, proactive, flexible and open-minded individual, who is willing to take on a variety of tasks and adapt to the changing situation.
In the duration of the traineeship you can expect to work on:
- building up the Association’s membership across Europe
- building up relations with the EU and other institutions
- organising the first meeting of our members
- providing various services to the members
- developing communication tools for the Association
- supporting the administration of the Association
The position will fit a person with a mix of various interests: on one hand in culture, heritage, arts and fashion etc. and on the other building up a non-profit organisation at the European level.
Here are various skills that will come handy during this traineeship:
- an eye for detail to be able to follow up on such things as invoices and meeting logistics
- creativity to come up with new ideas and approaches, and problem-solving
- good skills in communication, especially good copy-writing skills
- openness to acquiring new technical skills to develop our website (without coding)
- inquisitive mind to understand the target audience, the specificity and complexity of the tailoring business etc.
- good people skills and openness including the ability to ask questions, make proposals and discuss available solutions.
What do we offer?
This internship is an opportunity to take part in a very interesting journey to develop a project that aims to fight for the preservation of the traditional tailoring heritage in Europe. You will experience first-hand the process of setting up and developing a non-governmental organisation.
You will be able to try your strength in a variety of tasks and work both under specific guidelines and independently.
Through working with various members of our team you will be able to learn from experienced professionals and gain insight into:
- EU institutions, associations and funding
- building up a non-governmental organisation
- traditional crafts in the modern world
- tailoring and bespoke business.
As a new organisation, we are unable to offer a compensation, therefore, a priority will be given to candidates who have access to the Erasmus+ grant for traineeships.
The minimum length of the internship is 3 months with a preference for 6 months and the exact dates are flexible. Our preferred starting date is in April 2018.
How to apply?
Please send us a motivation letter explaining why you would be the ideal fit for this position and what skills you can bring to the team.
Instead of a standard CV, please send us a list of only those of your educational, work, volunteering or other experiences and activities that you find relevant for this position and explain why they are relevant.
In addition, please provide:
– a full list of your language skills. Fluent English is required.
– your availability (start and end dates).
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th of April.
Skype interviews are possible.